Florida Tourist Car Accident Lawyer

Florida remains one of the world’s top tourist destinations with its many attractions and opportunities for relaxation, from visiting Disney World and Universal Studios, to the beaches in the Key West, Miami, and Ft. Lauderdale. However, one drawback that surprises many visitors from other countries is the size of the state.

It can be difficult to get to any of the top attractions that Orlando has to offer without an automobile, so many tourists rent cars for their travels, take taxis, or use a rideshare service like Uber or Lyft as a result. Unfortunately, car accidents can happen to anyone, including those on holiday.

If you have been injured while driving or riding in Florida, you have the right to retain an attorney and pursue compensation for your losses. Enlist the help of a Florida tourist car accident lawyer today to find out what you may be able to recover for financially.

Car Accident Laws

Every licensed driver in Orlando has the obligation to operate their vehicle in a way that does not place other people at unnecessary risk of harm, as well as to obtain insurance that provides protection in case their actions cause physical injury to others. An person who is injured on the way to Disney or Universal Studios can pursue compensation with the help of a skilled lawyer by filing a claim against the at-fault defendant’s insurance company for the cost of medical treatment, lost wages, and emotional trauma endured in the incident.

A qualified Florida tourist car accident attorney can help tourists gather evidence to convince a negligent driver’s insurance company of the need to settle a claim quickly and for full value. However, Florida Statutes §95.11 states that people injured in the Key West have only four years from the date of injury to file a claim, regardless of where that plaintiff lives. Fortunately, a Florida tourist car accident attorney could help file a claim and take care of the details even after an accident victim returns home.

The Claims Process in Florida Tourist Car Accident Cases

Plaintiffs and their attorneys should take certain steps to increase their chances for a positive outcome and to help move the case along. The first of these steps should be to file a claim with the defendant’s insurance company detailing information about the accident and why the other driver was at fault.

Florida law requires people involved in car accidents in Miami to contact local police. The responding officer will produce a police report that outlines the facts of the case from a neutral perspective, which an experienced tourist car crash lawyer in Florida could help obtain.

An attorney could also contact the doctors who provided treatment to gather their medical notes and bills and help document a plaintiff’s injuries, which could be essential to proving that a defendant was at fault for causing a collision in Ft. Lauderdale. Finally, a Florida lawyer could represent a person’s interests in settlement negotiations, evaluate a case according to state legal standards, and take the lead in a local courthouse if necessary.

Contact a Florida Tourist Car Accident Attorney for Help

Driving or riding in a car can be vital to enjoying your visit to Florida, but unfortunately, accidents on Orlando’s roadways are more common than you might like to think. If you have suffered an injury while riding to Disney World or Universal Studios due to someone else’s negligence, you may have the right to collect compensation for your losses.

It is imperative to act quickly after an accident so that you can file a claim within Florida’s statute of limitations. The defendant’s insurance company will likely be working to gather evidence and to build a defense to protect their driver, but a compassionate lawyer could work to protect your rights.

Regardless of whether you are still in Ft. Lauderdale or the Key West or have returned home, a local attorney could help. If you have legal representation at home, a Florida tourist car accident lawyer can work with them to pursue your case from the US. Call today to get started.