Experienced Nursing Home Fracture Injury Attorneys in Riviera Beach, FL, Hold Nursing Homes Accountable When Residents Suffer Broken Bones in Palm Beach County and Throughout Florida
As people age, mobility problems may increase the risk of a fall. Other health complications, such as loss of bone density, can cause elderly individuals to suffer catastrophic, potentially life-threatening injuries in a fall. Nursing homes have a duty to evaluate residents for fall risk and implement procedures to mitigate those risks. Carelessness by nursing home staff can lead to a resident suffering a preventable fall. When your loved one has suffered injuries in a fall at a nursing home, your family may have the right to pursue financial recovery if the fall occurred due to the negligence of nursing home staff. Contact Dominick Cunningham & Yaffa for a free initial claim evaluation to speak with our nursing home fracture injury attorneys in Riviera Beach, FL, about your loved one’s and family’s legal options. Our firm is dedicated to providing clients and their families with excellent legal representation. We strive to achieve justice and help those in need who have suffered from the wrongdoing of others.
Common Causes of Nursing Home Fall Injuries
Although some nursing home residents will suffer an unavoidable fall as their mobility skills decline, many nursing home falls could be avoided through nursing home staff diligence. Some of the most frequent causes of nursing home fall injuries include:
- Failure to evaluate newly admitted residents for fall risk
- Failure to adopt or follow safety or fall prevention protocols for residents
- Inadequate staffing levels
- Failure of staff to adequately supervise patients, especially residents who are more likely to wander
- Failure to keep walkways or halls clear of tripping or slipping hazards
- Failure to provide residents with anti-skid/slip footwear
- Failure to provide residents with mobility equipment such as canes or walkers
- Failure to use bed rails while residents sleep
- Lack of bed alarms
- Refusal to promptly assist residents who wish to get up or move
Pursuing Compensation After a Loved One Has Suffered Fall Injuries in a Nursing Home
If a loved one has suffered injuries in a fall in a nursing home, your family can pursue financial recovery for your loved one if their fall could have been prevented by nursing home staff exercising due care. A nursing home fall injury claim can provide your loved one and family with compensation for things such as:
- Medical treatment and rehabilitation expenses
- Physical pain and emotional distress
- Loss of quality of life due to permanent disabilities or disfigurement or reduced life expectancy
Turn to the Riviera Beach Nursing Home Fall Injury Lawyers of Dominick Cunningham & Yaffa for Help Securing Financial Recovery and Justice for the Harm Your Loved One Has Suffered
When an elderly person falls, they can suffer potentially life-threatening injuries such as a fractured hip or skull. If your loved one suffered a preventable fall in a nursing home, let our legal team fight for the justice and compensation your loved one and family deserve by:
- Thoroughly investigating your case to obtain evidence in support of your right to financial recovery, such as care records, policy manuals, surveillance video, accident scene photos/video, and eyewitness testimony
- Identifying the party or parties who can be held liable for your loved one’s injury and losses
- Documenting your loved one’s and family’s expenses, including costs of medical care
- Vigorously pursuing accountability from a negligent nursing home and its staff, whether through a maximum settlement or by taking your family’s case to court and trial to demand justice
Contact Our Firm to Discuss Your Legal Options with Our Nursing Home Fracture Injury Attorneys in Riviera Beach, FL
After your loved one has been injured in a fall at their nursing home due to staff negligence, turn to the Riviera Beach nursing home fall injury lawyers of Dominick Cunningham & Yaffa for help holding the nursing home and its staff accountable. Contact us today for a free, no-obligation consultation to learn how our firm will guide your family through the claims process and advocate for your loved one’s right to financial recovery and justice.
About Riviera Beach, FL
Riviera Beach is a city in Palm Beach County, Florida. Located along the Atlantic coast, Riviera Beach was first settled as “Oak Lawn” in the 19th century, before residents changed the community’s name to “Riviera” in 1893. The community was incorporated in 1922 as the Town of Riviera, later adding “Beach” to the town’s name in 1941. The town reorganized as the City of Riviera Beach in 1959. Given its coastline position, Riviera Beach is home to a stretch of beach along the Atlantic Ocean in the Singer Island portion of the city. Riviera Beach is also home to the Port of Palm Beach and one of the U.S.’s top shore diving sites underneath the Blue Herron Boulevard Bridge.
According to the U.S. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, approximately half of all nursing home residents nationwide fall each year, with about a third of those who do fall suffering two or more falls in a year.