Compassionate Accidental Death Attorneys in Riviera Beach, FL, Help Families Seek Justice and Financial Recovery for the Loss of a Loved One in Palm Beach County and Throughout Florida
The loss of a loved one can be an emotionally devastating experience for any family. However, your feelings of sadness and grief may be compounded with anger and frustration if your loved one suffered a preventable death caused by the negligence or recklessness of others. Your family may have the right to seek compensation for the financial and emotional loss you suffer due to your loved one’s death. When your family has lost a loved one due to the negligence or fault of another party, you deserve to obtain financial recovery and justice for your loss. Let our accidental death attorneys in Riviera Beach, FL, pursue your claims while your family grieves and heals. Contact Dominick Cunningham & Yaffa for a free initial case review to learn more about your legal options. When you choose us to help your family after your loved one’s passing, you can expect us to fight relentlessly to hold those responsible for your loved one’s death accountable. We have a heartfelt commitment to helping those in need, and we maintain a loyal, caring, and empathetic atmosphere to help you and your family get through this difficult time.
Do You Have a Wrongful Death Claim?
You may have a viable wrongful death claim when a loved one has passed away due to someone else’s fault or negligence. A wrongful death claim may arise from the same accidents that can lead to personal injury claims. Under Florida’s wrongful death statute, when a person passes away due to injuries inflicted by another party’s negligence or fault, any personal injury claim they might have had does not survive. Instead, the decedent’s estate can recover compensation for losses the decedent might have been entitled to claim had they survived.
Examples of accidents that can lead to wrongful death claims include:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Defective product accidents
- Dangerous drugs
- Unsafe medical devices
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home abuse or neglect
What Compensation Is Available in a Wrongful Death Lawsuit?
In a wrongful death claim, your family and your loved one’s estate may be able to recover compensation for financial and emotional losses you’ve suffered due to your loved one’s passing. Some of the losses you might obtain a financial recovery for include:
- The value of lost support and services provided by the decedent from the date of their injury to their death, and future loss of support or services
- Loss of a deceased spouse’s companionship and protection
- Mental pain and suffering from the loss of a spouse, parent, or child
- Loss of a decedent’s parental companionship, instruction, and guidance
- Medical and funeral/burial expenses
- Loss of the decedent’s earnings from the date of their injury to their death
- Loss of future net accumulations of the decedent’s estate they would reasonably have expected to earn had they lived
How Can Our Riviera Beach Wrongful Death Lawyers Assist Your Family As You Recover from Your Loved One’s Passing
While your family focuses on grieving and healing after your loved one’s death, let the legal team at Dominick Cunningham & Yaffa pursue your family’s claims against those responsible for your loved one’s passing. Our firm will pursue justice and the resources your family needs to move forward by:
- Investigating the facts and circumstances underlying your loved one’s death to find evidence proving the fault of those responsible for your loved one’s passing
- Documenting your family’s financial and emotional losses to ensure we pursue maximum compensation for you
- Identifying all potentially liable parties and evaluating your family’s legal options for financial recovery
- Aggressively pursuing accountability and financial recovery for your family, whether through a negotiated settlement or by fighting for your family’s rights in court and at trial
Contact Dominick Cunningham & Yaffa Today to Speak with Our Accidental Death Attorneys in Riviera Beach, FL, About Your Family’s Legal Options
If you’ve had a loved one pass away because of somebody else’s negligence or fault, your family may have the right to recover compensation for your financial and emotional losses. Contact our firm today for a free, no-obligation consultation to learn how our Rivera Beach wrongful death lawyers will work tirelessly to hold those responsible for your loved one’s passing accountable.
About Riviera Beach, FL
Riviera Beach is a city located in Palm Beach County, Florida. Settled in the 19th century as “Oak Lawn,” residents changed the community’s name to “Riviera” in 1893. The community was incorporated as the Town of Riviera in 1922, added “Beach” to its name in 1941, and reorganized as the City of Riviera Beach in 1959. Due to its position on the Atlantic coast, Riviera Beach is home to popular beaches along the Singer Island portion of the city, the Port of Palm Beach, and one of the country’s top shore diving sites beneath the Blue Herron Boulevard Bridge.
According to the Florida Department of Health, unintentional injuries from accidents are the leading cause of death of Florida residents under 45 and had an injury-related fatality rate of 67.59 in one recent year. Motor vehicle accidents had an injury-related fatality rate of 15.73.