Seasoned Accident Attorneys in Riviera Beach, FL, Advocate for Injured Clients’ Rights to Financial Recovery and Justice in Palm Beach County and Throughout Florida
Have you gotten hurt in an accident caused by someone else’s negligence or recklessness? A personal injury claim may allow you to pursue financial recovery for the losses you incur due to accident injuries. After you’ve suffered injuries in an accident due to someone else’s negligence or fault, turn to the accident attorneys in Riviera Beach, FL, from Dominick Cunningham & Yaffa to help you recover the financial compensation you need for your medical bills, lost income, and other expenses. Contact us for a free initial claim evaluation to discuss your options with our legal team.
Common Examples of Personal Injury Claims
A personal injury claim arises when a person gets hurt in an accident due to someone else’s negligence, recklessness, or legal fault. Some of the most common examples of accidents that lead to personal injury claims include:
- Motor vehicle accidents, including car accidents, motorcycle accidents, truck accidents, and vehicle collisions with pedestrians or bicyclists
- Property accidents, including slip/trip and fall accidents, escalator/elevator accidents, or assaults/criminal activity facilitated by negligent security
- Defective product accidents, including defective consumer goods, auto parts, medical devices, or pharmaceutical drugs
- Medical malpractice
- Nursing home negligence, neglect, or abuse
How Do You Know If You Have a Personal Injury Claim?
Most personal injury claims involve allegations of injuries caused by somebody else’s negligence. You may have a viable personal injury claim if you can prove all four elements of negligence:
- Duty: First, you must show that the person at fault for your injuries owed you a duty of car to refrain from actions that might injure you.
- Breach: You must also show how the other party failed to fulfill the duty of care they owed to you.
- Causation: You must prove that the other party’s breach of their duty of care was the direct and proximate cause of your injuries. Direct cause means that your injuries would not have occurred but for the other party’s conduct, while proximate cause requires showing that the other party’s actions were the most direct or responsible cause of the accident and your injuries.
- Harm/Damages: Finally, you must show that you have suffered some form of physical or emotional injury for which you can be financially compensated.
Compensation Available in a Personal Injury Case
In a personal injury lawsuit, you may have the right to recover compensation for financial and personal losses you suffer due to your injuries. At Dominick Cunningham & Yaffa, our accident attorneys in Riviera Beach, FL, will fight to obtain the maximum financial recovery that includes money for:
- Costs of medical treatment and rehabilitation of your injuries, including emergency medical treatment, hospitalization, surgical procedures, prescriptions, and medical/mobility equipment
- Long-term care expenses for disabilities, such as home health services, housekeeping assistance, or installations of disability accommodations
- Loss of wages/income when you cannot work while recovering from your injuries or if you temporarily transfer to a lower-paying position within your medical restrictions
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment or quality of life due to disabilities or disfigurement/scarring interfering with your ability to participate in activities
Let the Riviera Beach Personal Injury Lawyers of Dominick Cunningham & Yaffa Help You Secure the Financial Resources You Need to Recover from Accident Injuries
After an accident, turn to our firm for help pursuing the compensation you need to recover from injuries. While you focus on your medical treatment and rehab, let our attorneys:
- Thoroughly investigate the accident to recover evidence in support of your claim, such as police accident reports, surveillance camera footage, accident scene photos/video, or eyewitness testimony
- Document your injuries and losses to calculate what fair and full compensation looks like for you
- Identify the parties who may be held liable for your injuries and losses
- Evaluate potential options for obtaining financial recovery, such as available insurance coverage
- Advise you on your legal rights and prepare you for what to expect during the claims process
- Aggressively pursue maximum financial relief for you through a settlement or by taking your case to court and trial
Contact Us Today to Discuss Your Legal Options with Our Accident Attorneys in Riviera Beach, FL
When you’ve gotten hurt in an accident caused by someone else’s carelessness or recklessness, let our firm fight to recover the compensation you need to treat your injuries and get your life back on track. Contact Dominick Cunningham & Yaffa today for a free, no-obligation consultation to discuss how our Riviera Beach personal injury lawyers can help you pursue accountability and justice for your harm and loss.
About Riviera Beach, FL
Riviera Beach is a city on the Atlantic coast in Palm Beach County, Florida. First settled as “Oak Lawn,” the area changed its name to Riviera in 1893 before incorporating as the Town of Riviera in 1922. The town added “Beach” to its name in 1941 and converted its form to a city government in 1959. Today, Riviera Beach takes advantage of its coastal position as the home of the Port of Palm Beach and one of the U.S.’s most popular shore diving sites near the Blue Herron Boulevard Bridge.
According to the Florida Department of Health, over 127,000 Florida residents were hospitalized for unintentional injuries in one recent year, including over 75,000 hospitalizations for falls and over 18,000 hospitalizations for motor vehicle accidents.