Compassionate Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys in Riviera Beach, FL, Assist Families with Protecting Loved Ones in Nursing Homes in Palm Beach County and Throughout Florida
When your loved one moves into a nursing home, your family trusts that facility to provide the care and support your loved one needs. However, negligent or abusive staff can cause your loved one to suffer catastrophic physical and emotional injuries. You and your family deserve to protect your loved one’s safety and hold the nursing home and its staff accountable for negligent care. If your loved one suffered from abuse or neglect in a nursing home, turn to the nursing home abuse attorneys in Riviera Beach, FL, from Dominick Cunningham & Yaffa for help pursuing justice. Contact our firm today for a free initial consultation to discuss how we will help you seek compensation and accountability from the nursing home operator and staff for the harm your loved one has endured. Our legal team is dedicated to providing exceptional client service that makes a difference in the lives of nursing home negligence victims and their families. We leave no stone unturned in advocating for those who have suffered due to the wrongdoing of others.
Why Does Nursing Home Negligence Occur?
Although families trust nursing homes to care for loved ones in their final years, facilities and their staff can commit negligent errors that harm residents. Some of the most common reasons for nursing home negligence include:
- Lack of adequate staffing
- Overworked staff
- Hiring unqualified/inexperienced staff
- Inadequate training or supervision
- Failure to monitor or document residents’ conditions
- Failure to implement nutrition, medication, or fall protection plans for residents with mobility issues or who cannot feed or care for themselves due to physical limitations or cognitive decline
Types of Nursing Home Neglect
Some of the ways that nursing home residents can suffer neglect include:
- Failure to receive adequate hydration or nutrition
- Failure to receive prescribed medications
- Lack of adequate medical care
- Lack of assistance with maintaining personal hygiene
- Unsanitary living conditions and soiled clothing or bedding
- Inadequate supervision, which may result in residents suffering falls, not eating/drinking, or wandering away from the facility
- Failure to respond to residents who self-isolate or suffer from anxiety or depression
Common Signs of Neglect
Unfortunately, it can be difficult for nursing home residents to alter family members and friends when they suffer neglect at the hands of staff. Family should familiarize themselves with signs that a loved one may be suffering neglect, which can include:
- New pressure ulcers/bedsores
- Lack of compliance with medication regimens
- Rapid weight gain or loss
- Unexplained and untreated injuries
- Torn, soiled, or broken clothing and accessories
- Unsanitary conditions in the nursing home
- Residents frequently fall or wander away from the nursing home
- Emotional withdrawal, loss of interest in activities, depression, or suicidal thoughts
What Compensation Can Your Family Recover After a Loved One Has Suffered Harm Due to Nursing Home Negligence?
After a loved one has been neglected or injured due to the nursing home staff’s negligence, your family can pursue compensation for your loved one’s harm and loss. Turn to our Riviera Beach nursing home negligence lawyers to help you secure a financial recovery that includes money for your loved ones:
- Medical treatment and rehabilitation
- Physical pain and anguish
- Emotional trauma and distress
- Loss of quality of life due to physical restrictions, loss of interest in activities, or reduced life expectancy
How Will the Riviera Beach Nursing Home Negligence Lawyers of Dominick, Cunningham & Yaffa Advocate for Your Loved One’s Rights and Interests?
After your loved one has suffered harm due to their nursing home’s negligence, let our legal team help your family pursue financial accountability and justice for your loved one by:
- Vigorously pursuing evidence to prove liability for your loved one’s injuries, including medical records, staffing records, provider notes, surveillance footage, or eyewitness testimony
- Identifying everyone who may be liable for your loved one’s harm and loss
- Evaluating your legal options for protecting your loved one’s safety and securing the financial resources they need to recover
- Tirelessly pursuing the compensation and justice your loved one and family deserve, whether through a negotiated settlement or by taking your case to trial to hold the negligent nursing home accountable
Contact Our Firm to Discuss Your Family’s Legal Options with Our Nursing Home Abuse Attorneys in Riviera Beach, FL
When your loved one has suffered injuries due to nursing home abuse or neglect, your family may have the right to pursue a legal claim against the nursing home operators and the staff responsible for your loved one’s harm. Contact Dominick Cunningham & Yaffa today for a free, no-obligation consultation to speak with our Riviera Beach nursing home negligence lawyers about your family’s legal options.
About Riviera Beach, FL
Riviera Beach is a city in Palm Beach County, Florida, located along the Atlantic coastline. Present-day Riviera Beach was first settled as “Oak Lawn,” before the name was changed to “Riviera” in 1893. The community was incorporated in 1922 as the “Town of Riviera.” The town’s name was changed again in 1941 to “Riviera Beach,” and in 1959 the town was reorganized as a city. Due to its coastal position, Riviera Beach is home to pristine beaches on Singer Island, the Port of Palm Beach, and one of the country’s top shore diving sites underneath the Blue Herron Bridge.
In one recent year, the U.S. Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program received over 200,000 complaints from nursing home residents or concerned family members and friends. The agency also provided information and assistance to over 400,000 nursing home residents or their families.