Dedicated Nursing Home Sexual Abuse Attorneys in Riviera Beach, FL, Pursue Justice for Residents Who Have Suffered Abuse and Assault in Palm Beach County and Throughout Florida
Unfortunately, elderly people face some of the highest risks of abuse, especially in nursing homes. Nursing home abuse victims’ physical or cognitive limitations and isolation can make it difficult for them to seek help. Families may discover all too late that the nursing home they trusted to protect their loved one failed to do so. If your loved one has been the victim of physical or sexual abuse in a nursing home, your family deserves to pursue accountability and justice for the harm your loved one has suffered. Contact Dominick Cunningham & Yaffa for a free initial consultation to discuss your legal options with our compassionate nursing home sexual abuse attorneys in Riviera Beach, FL. Our firm is dedicated to providing clients and their families with outstanding legal service that pursues accountability and financial recovery that can make a difference in their lives.
What Are Physical and Sexual Abuse?
Nursing home residents may suffer various kinds of physical and sexual abuse at the hands of nursing home staff, third-party contractors working in the nursing home, fellow residents, or visitors. Examples of conduct that may constitute physical and sexual abuse include:
- Holding down a resident
- Use of straps or other restraints
- Overmedicating a resident as a means of restraint
- Unwanted sexual touching
- Exposing a resident’s intimate parts
- Exposing one’s intimate parts to a resident
Signs That a Loved One Is Suffering from Nursing Home Physical or Sexual Abuse
Unfortunately, victims of nursing home physical or sexual abuse may not speak out or seek help, either due to embarrassment/humiliation, fear of retribution, or because they don’t even realize they’ve been the victim of abuse due to cognitive decline or memory problems. Families of nursing home residents should remain vigilant for the signs of physical or sexual abuse, which may include:
- New, unexplained injuries, including lacerations, bruises, and broken bones
- Multiple injuries in various stages of healing
- Restraint marks
- Torn or soiled clothing or broken eyeglasses
- New sexually-transmitted infections
- Emotional withdrawal and loss of interest in activities
- Fear of staff members or fellow residents or unwillingness to speak in their presence
- Fear of being left by family members or friends at the end of a visit
- Anxiety, depression, or suicidal ideation
What Financial Recovery Is Available in a Nursing Home Abuse Claim?
After a loved one has become the victim of physical or sexual abuse in a nursing home, your family can pursue financial recovery for your loved one’s harm and losses. Let the Riviera Beach nursing home physical abuse lawyers at Dominick Cunningham & Yaffa vigorously pursue maximum compensation for your loved one’s:
- Medical treatment or rehabilitation expenses
- Costs of transferring to a new nursing home facility
- Physical pain and anguish
- Emotional trauma and distress
- Loss of quality of life or reduced life expectancy
Let Our Riviera Beach Nursing Home Physical Abuse Lawyers Help Your Family with Its Legal Claims
If your loved one was abused by a staffer, contractor, or fellow resident in their nursing home, turn to our firm for help pursuing accountability from the nursing home and other liable parties. When you hire us for your family’s case, you can expect our team to hit the ground running in your case by:
- Thoroughly investigating the facts and circumstances of your loved one’s abuse to recover all available evidence
- Identifying the parties at fault for the abuse or who may be held liable due to their negligence in letting the abuse occur
- Documenting your loved one’s injuries and expenses, or your family’s losses if your loved one passes away due to injuries inflicted by abuse
- Working tirelessly to hold abusers accountable and to obtain the justice and financial recovery your loved one and family deserve, whether at the negotiating table or in court
Contact Dominick Cunningham & Yaffa for a Free Case Review to Discuss Your Legal Options with Our Nursing Home Sexual Abuse Attorneys in Riviera Beach, FL
When your loved one has been injured by physical or sexual abuse at a nursing home, get legal help to hold the nursing home and its staff accountable for your loved one’s harm and loss. Contact our firm today for a free, no-obligation claim evaluation to see how our Riviera Beach nursing home physical abuse lawyers will assist your family with securing the financial recovery and justice your loved one needs and deserves.
About Riviera Beach, FL
Riviera Beach is a city located in Palm Beach County, Florida, along the Atlantic Ocean. The community was first established in the 19th century as “Oak Lawn,’ with the name changing to “Riviera” in 1893. The “Beach” was added to the community’s name in 1941. The community was formally incorporated as a town in 1922 before reorganizing as a city in 1959. Given its coastal location, Riviera Beach is home to various maritime activities and facilities, including beaches along the portion of the city on Singer Island, the Port of Palm Beach, and a popular shore diving site along the Blue Herron Boulevard Bridge.
Nursing home abuse is unfortunately a prevalent problem. According to the U.S. Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program, the agency received over 200,000 complaints filed by residents, family members, or concerned individuals in one recent year.