Experienced Infant Injury Attorneys in Riviera Beach, FL, Help Families Recover from Life-Altering Birth Injuries in Palm Beach County and Throughout Florida
The joy of welcoming a child can quickly turn to shock and anger when you learn that your child was harmed during delivery by the negligent mistakes of your healthcare providers. As a parent, you deserve to seek justice for the ongoing and future pain and suffering your child may endure due to a birth injury. Experienced legal representation can help you stand up for your child’s rights.
If your child has been the victim of a birth injury, your family may have the right to pursue compensation and justice from negligent healthcare providers at fault for your child’s injury. Contact Dominick Cunningham & Yaffa for a free initial claim review to learn how our infant injury attorneys in Riviera Beach, FL, will fight to hold negligent doctors, nurses, or midwives accountable for your child’s harm and losses. Our firm strives to serve clients with integrity, reflected in our high standards, honesty, professionalism, accountability, and commitment to achieving excellent results.
Common Examples of Birth Injuries
Some of the more common kinds of birth injuries that newborns can suffer include:
- Cerebral palsy
- Hypoxic ischemic encephalopathy
- Bone fractures
- Brachial plexus injury
- Spinal cord injuries
- Caput succedaneum
- Facial/Erb’s palsy
- Traumatic brain injuries
How Do Birth Injuries Occur?
A baby can suffer a birth injury due to negligent or reckless actions by healthcare professionals on the delivery team. Some of the most frequent causes of birth injuries include:
- Improper use of delivery tools like forces or vacuum extractors
- Exerting improper forces on the baby’s body when assisting delivery
- Failure to ensure the correct positioning of the baby for delivery
- Failure to recommend a cesarean section when vaginal delivery is high-risk
- Failure to treat infections or other health conditions in the mother during pregnancy
- Failure to perform an emergency c-section when complications arise during delivery, such as prolonged labor/maternal exhaustion or fetal distress
- Failure to respond quickly to signs of fetal distress, such as abnormal blood pressure/heart rate or difficulty breathing
Compensation Available in a Birth Injury Claim
When your child has sustained a birth injury due to the negligence of doctors, nurses, or other healthcare providers on your delivery team, you can file a birth injury claim to obtain the compensation your family needs for your child’s recovery. Examples of financial recovery available in a birth injury case include:
- Costs of medical treatment and rehabilitation services needed for your child’s injury
- Costs of long-term care or support services, such as home health services, medical/mobility equipment, or special education services
- Loss of your child’s future earning potential if they suffer severe permanent disabilities that will prevent them from obtaining employment
- Physical pain and emotional distress
- Loss of quality of life or reduced life expectancy
Turn to the Riviera Beach Birth Injury Lawyers at Dominick Cunningham & Yaffa for Help Demanding Accountability and Justice
If your child has suffered injuries or health complications due to negligent or reckless mistakes by your healthcare providers during pregnancy or delivery, your family deserves to pursue compensation that will provide the resources your child needs to recover and live a full life. Let our firm fight for the accountability and justice your child and family deserve by:
- Investigating your case to recover evidence of negligent medical care, such as medical records, treatment notes, staffing records, or eyewitness testimony
- Evaluating your family’s legal options for financial recovery and identifying potentially liable parties, including doctors, midwives, nurses, or hospitals/healthcare facilities
- Documenting your child’s and family’s ongoing and future anticipated expenses to ensure we pursue maximum compensation for you
- Filing your claims and vigorously pursuing financial recovery in a negotiated settlement or in court, if necessary
Contact Our Firm to Learn More About Your Family’s Legal Options from Our Knowledgeable Infant Injury Attorneys in Riviera Beach, FL
After your child suffered a birth injury during delivery, get experienced legal help to pursue the financial resources your family will need for your child’s recovery. Contact Dominick Cunningham & Yaffa today for a free, no-obligation consultation to speak with our Riviera Beach birth injury lawyers about your family’s rights and options.
About Riviera Beach, FL
Riviera Beach is located in Palm Beach County, Florida. The area of present-day Riviera Beach was first settled in the 19th century as “Oak Lawn.” Residents later renamed the community “Riviera” in 1893. The community was formally incorporated in 1992 as the “Town of Riviera,” later adding the “Beach” to the town name in 1941. In 1959, Riviera Beach was reorganized as a city. Due to its location on the Florida coast, Riviera Beach is home to multiple maritime facilities and attractions, including the Port of Palm Beach, a U.S. Coast Guard station, and Blue Herron Bridge, one of the country’s top-rated shore dive sites.
A study by the U.S. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality found that although avoidable birth injuries have decreased in recent years, over 150,000 infant and maternal birth injuries occurred during one study year, with newborns suffering birth traumas at a rate of about 1.6 per 1,000 births.