Dedicated Medical Negligence Attorneys in Riviera Beach, FL, Advocate for the Rights of Clients Harmed by Healthcare Providers’ Malpractice in Palm Beach County and Throughout Florida
You expect that when you seek medical treatment, your healthcare providers will treat you in a safe, careful manner. However, negligent errors by healthcare professionals can cause catastrophic injuries for patients. If you’ve been harmed due to the negligence of doctors or other healthcare providers, get legal help to pursue financial recovery and justice for your injuries and losses. Contact Dominick Cunningham & Yaffa today for a free initial case review to speak with our medical negligence attorneys in Riviera Beach, FL, about your legal options. Our legal team is dedicating to making a real difference in our clients’ lives. We tirelessly pursue justice for those harmed by others’ negligence. When you choose us to help you after suffering medical malpractice, you can expect a firm that will fight relentlessly for your rights and the fair compensation you deserve.
What Is Medical Malpractice?
Medical malpractice occurs when a healthcare provider renders treatment that fails to comply with the applicable standard of care, and that treatment injures or otherwise harms a patient. While the specific details of the standard of care will vary from case to case, the standard is generally defined as the treatment decisions and actions that other healthcare providers of similar training and experience would undertake in identical circumstances. In other words, not every adverse or negative outcome to medical treatment is the result of medical malpractice. The law may not hold healthcare professionals liable for malpractice if other professionals would have made the same decisions in a patient’s treatment.
A medical malpractice claim requires you to prove:
- The existence of a provider-patient relationship, which means showing that you sought treatment from a healthcare provider who agreed to provide that treatment
- The applicable standard of care, which you can prove through expert testimony from other medical professionals
- How your provider breached the applicable standard of care
- How the provider’s breach injured or harmed you
Common Examples of Medical Malpractice
Healthcare providers can commit malpractice in various ways. Some of the most common examples of provider mistakes that lead to medical malpractice claims include:
- Surgical errors
- Anesthesia errors
- Misdiagnosis/delayed diagnosis/failure-to-diagnose
- Birth injuries
- Medication errors
- Premature discharge
- Hospital-acquired infections
- Failure to follow up/inadequate aftercare
What Compensation Can You Recover in a Medical Malpractice Claim?
In a medical malpractice claim, you may have the right to obtain compensation for financial and personal losses you suffer due to injuries or medical complications caused by a healthcare provider’s negligence. Let the Riviera Beach medical malpractice lawyers at Dominick Cunningham & Yaffa pursue a financial recovery that includes money for your:
- Additional medical treatment and rehabilitation expenses
- Costs of care and support services you might need for long-term or permanent disabilities caused by your injuries or medical complications
- Additional loss of income/wages from extra time missed from work
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Physical pain and emotional distress
- Lost quality of life due to disabilities or permanent scarring/disfigurement
- Reduced life expectancy
How Can the Riviera Beach Medical Malpractice Lawyers of Dominick Cunningham & Yaffa Help You Secure a Financial Recovery?
If you’ve been harmed by a healthcare provider’s negligence, you deserve to focus on treating your injuries or complications. Let the legal team of Dominick Cunningham & Yaffa fight to obtain the compensation you need for your medical and financial recovery by:
- Thoroughly investigating your case to secure evidence of your healthcare provider’s negligence
- Documeting your injuries and losses to determine what compensation you might deserve to recover
- Identifying potentially liable parties and evaluating your options for financial recovery
- Filing insurance and legal claims on your behalf and communicating with insurance adjusters, hosptial representatives, and defense lawyers
- Aggressively pursuing maximum recovery for you through a negotiated settlement or by taking your claims to court and trial if necessary
Contact Our Firm Today to Speak with our Medical Negligence Attorneys in Riviera Beach, FL, About Your Legal Options
After suffering injuries or medical complications due to negligent errors by your healthcare providers, you deserve to recover compensation and hold those negligent providers accountable. Contact Dominick Cunningham & Yaffa today for a free, no-obligation consultation to learn how our Riviera Beach medical malpractice lawyers will fight to obtain financial recovery and justice for you.
About Riviera Beach, FL
Riviera Beach is a city in Palm Beach County, Florida formally incorporated in 1922. The city was first settled in the 19th century as “Oak Lawn,” but the area changed its name to Riviera in 1893, later adding the “Beach” in 1941. Named after the French Riviera, Riviera Beach got the nickname “Conch Town” in reference to the large numbers of Bahamians who emigrated to the area in the first half of the 20th century. Today, Riviera Beach is home to the Port of Palm Beach and a U.S. Coast Guard Station.
According to a survey by the American Medical Association, a little over 32 percent of physicians in the U.S. report that they have been sued for malpractice at some point in their career. Around two percent of physicians become involved in a medical malpractice claim every year.