Knowledgeable Hospital Error Attorneys in Riviera Beach, FL, Hold Healthcare Facilities Accountable for Medical Malpractice in Palm Beach County and Throughout Florida
People expect hospitals to provide excellent care to their communities. However, careless or reckless decisions or mistakes can lead to catastrophic consequences for patients. When you’ve suffered injuries or health complications due to the negligence of hospital staff, get the legal help you need to stand up for your rights and interests. Contact Dominick Cunningham & Yaffa for a free initial consultation to speak with our compassionate hospital error attorneys in Riviera Beach, FL, about your legal options for pursuing compensation and justice for the harm caused by hospital negligence. Our team will diligently pursue the financial recovery you need. We treat every case with a sense of urgency and proactively address your needs and concerns. Our attorneys work hard to hold hospitals accountable for negligence not only to get you justice but to make our community a safer place.
Common Examples of Hospital Negligence
Errors by hospital staff can cause injuries or medical complications for patients. Some of the most frequently occurring examples of hospital errors include:
- Failure to diagnose/misdiagnosis
- Erroneous triage evaluation
- Premature discharge
- Hospital-acquired infections
- Failure to monitor a patient’s condition
- Failure to assess patients for fall risk or to implement a fall protection plan
- Improper lifting or transporting of a patient
- Medication errors, including administering medication to the wrong patient or failing to follow the prescribed medication regimen
- Errors in diagnostic or laboratory testing
- Dangerous conditions at the hospital, including slipping or tripping hazards or negligent security
What Compensation Can You Recover from a Hospital If You’ve Suffered Harm Due to Errors?
In a hospital negligence claim, you may have the right to recover compensation for expenses and personal suffering caused by injuries or medical conditions resulting from errors by hospital staff. The Riviera Beach hospital negligence lawyers at Dominick Cunningham & Yaffa will aggressively pursue maximum financial recovery for you that includes money for:
- Costs of additional medical treatment or rehabilitation you need to recover from injuries or complications caused by hospital negligence
- Costs of care or support, such as home health services or medical/mobility equipment, that you need due to long-term or permanent disabilities resulting from your injuries or health complications
- Additional lost wages/income if you need to take more time off work to recover from your injuries
- Lost future earning potential due to disabilities that affect your ability to work
- Additional physical pain
- Emotional trauma or distress
- Loss of quality of life or reduced life expectancy
How Can the Riviera Beach Hospital Negligence Lawyers at Dominick Cunningham & Yaffa Help You Secure a Financial Recovery?
At Dominick Cunningham & Yaffa, our legal team is dedicated to holding healthcare facilities accountable when their carelessness harms innocent patients. Let our firm help you pursue recovery from harm caused by hospital negligence by:
- Thoroughly investigating the circumstances of your injury to recover evidence of negligence, such as medical records, provider notes, staffing records, surveillance footage, or eyewitness testimony
- Documenting your injuries and losses to gather proof of the financial recovery you deserve
- Identifying the people at fault for your harm and the parties who may be held liable to compensate you
- Tirelessly pursuing maximum financial recovery for you through a negotiated settlement or a court judgment, if litigation becomes necessary in your case
Contact Our Firm to Discuss Your Rights and Options with Our Hosptial Error Attorneys in Riviera Beach, FL
If you’ve been harmed by the errors of hospital staff, you may have the right to pursue financial recovery and justice for your losses. Contact the Riviera Beach hospital negligence lawyers at Dominick Cunningham & Yaffa today for a free, no-obligation case evaluation to learn how our firm will fight to hold negligent healthcare facilities accountable and recover the compensation you need for your medical care, lost income, and pain and suffering.
One study found that approximately 400,000 hospitalized patients annually suffer from some form of negligence or preventable error, resulting in around 100,000 deaths each year.
About Riviera Beach, FL
Riviera Beach is a city located in Palm Beach County, Florida. The city was first settled as “Oak Lawn,” before residents changed the name to Riviera in 1893. The community was formally organized as the “Town of Riviera” in 1922. In 1941, the town added “Beach” to its name, and reincorporated as a city in 1959. Owing to its coastline location, Riviera Beach is home to beaches along the Atlantic Ocean on Singer Island, the Port of Palm Beach, and the top-rated shore diving site of Blue Herron Bridge. According to Public Citizen’s Congress Watch, the number of medical errors reported by Florida hospitals exceeds the number of medical malpractice claims filed in the state by about six to one.