Compassionate Cancer Malpractice Attorneys in Riviera Beach, FL, Pursue Financial Recovery and Justice for Clients Harmed by a Cancer Misdiagnosis in Palm Beach County and Throughout Florida
A cancer diagnosis can be life-shattering news. Although recent advances in medical science have greatly improved the prognosis for cancers detected at an early stage, a misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis can cause a patient to miss out on potentially life-saving or life-extending treatments. When a cancer misdiagnosis occurs due to a healthcare team’s negligence, a harmed patient may have a legal claim to financial compensation and justice.
If your doctor or healthcare team misdiagnosed your cancer, you deserve to seek financial recovery for your harm and loss. Contact the cancer malpractice attorneys in Riviera Beach, FL, from Dominick Cunningham & Yaffa for a free initial case evaluation to learn how our firm will advocate on your behalf to hold negligent healthcare providers accountable for misdiagnosing your cancer. Our attorneys and staff have worked hard to establish a reputation for strategic legal thinking and commitment to achieving excellent results for clients. When you turn to us for help after a cancer misdiagngosis, our team will prioritize your needs as you recover from the wrongdoing of others.
What Types of Cancer Are More Frequently Misdiagnosed?
Although doctors can miss any type of cancer, some kinds of cancer are harder to diagnose, especially when physicians fail to conduct thorough examinations and diagnostic testing, because those cancers are rare or share symptoms with other diseases or conditions. Examples of cancers that are more frequently misdiagnosed include:
- Lung cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- Breast cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Cervical cancer
- Ovarian cancer
- Uterine cancer
- Skin cancer
- Thyroid cancer
- Brain cancer
How Does a Cancer Misdiagnosis Occur?
Various errors and oversights can lead to a cancer misdiagnosis. Some of the most common factors that contribute to misdiagnosis include:
- Failure to take a complete medical history
- Failure to perform a full physical examination
- Failure to order diagnostic testing
- Failure to include cancer in the differential diagnosis
- Premature exclusion of cancer from the differential diagnosis
- Disbelieving or discounting a patient’s subjective complaints
- Misinterpretation of test results
- Failure to refer a patient to a specialist or for a second opinion
What Can You Recover Compensation for If Your Cancer Was Misdiagnosed?
A cancer misdiagnosis can cause serious harm to a patient. Treatment is most effective when cancer is caught at an early stage. Misdiagnosis may allow cancer to progress to a more advanced stage that requires more intensive or less effective treatments. Diagnosing cancer when a patient isn’t suffering from the disease will mean that the patient undergoes unnecessary and potentially debilitating treatment. After suffering a cancer misdiagnosis, you may have the right to pursue financial recovery for:
- Additional medical expenses for more expensive treatment for an advanced case of cancer
- Costs of care and support services you need for debilitating effects of advanced stage cancer
- Loss of wages/income for additional time you need to take off work
- Loss of future earnings if you become unable to work
- Physical pain from more intensive treatments or due to the cancer reaching a more advanced stage
- Emotional trauma and distress
- Reduced quality of life or life expectancy
Let the Riviera Beach Cancer Misdiagnosis Lawyers at Dominick Cunningham & Yaffa Advocate for You After Your Doctor Fails to Diagnose Your Cancer
A cancer misdiagnosis can have catastrophic consequences for your future. Turn to Dominick Cunningham & & Yaffa fight to secure the justice you deserve by:
- Recovering evidence to support your case, including medical records, provider treatment notes, and diagnostic test results
- Identifying all potentially liable parties
- Evaluating your legal options for financial recovery, including determining the insurance coverage of liable parties
- Documenting the harm and loss you deserve to be compensated for
- Aggressively pursuing maximum compensation for you through a negotiated settlement or by taking your case to court and trial, if necessary
Contact Us for a Free Case Review to Learn How Our Cancer Malpractice Attorneys in Riviera Beach, FL, Can Help You Hold Negligent Healthcare Professionals Accountable
A cancer misdiagnosis can have devastating consequences for your health and future. You may have the right to recover compensation for losses you suffer due to a misdiagnosis. Contact Dominick Cunningham & Yaffa today for a free, no-obligation consultation to speak with our Riviera Beach cancer misdiagnosis lawyers about your legal options.
About Riviera Beach, FL
Riviera Beach is a city located in Palm Beach County Florida. First settled during the 19th century as “Oak Lawn,” the area adopted the name “Riviera” in 1893 in reference to the French Riviera. The town was incorporated in 1922, added the “Beach” to the town name in 1941, and converted to a city in 1959. Riviera Beach is the home of the Port of Palm Beach and a U.S. Coast Guard station. Blue Heron Bridge in Riviera Beach is also one of the U.S.’s top shore dive sites.
One recent study found that approximately 795,000 people in the U.S. suffer permanent disabilities or die due to misdiagnosed diseases, with diseases such as cancer, infections, and vascular events accounting for about half of all disabilies and deaths.