Trustworthy Medical Negligence Attorneys in Palm Beach Gardens, FL Capably Handle Medical Malpractice Cases in Palm Beach County and Throughout Florida
A study from Johns Hopkins found that medical errors were the third-leading cause of death in America, with approximately 250,000 people dying every year as a result of mistakes made by medical caregivers while treating patients. Millions more suffer varying degrees of injury because of a variety of treatment errors that include doctor negligence, diagnostic errors, medicine dosage errors, delayed diagnoses, and more. If you or a loved one suffered an injury or sustained harm of any kind while being treated by a doctor or while receiving care at a healthcare institution, contact our Palm Beach Gardens medical malpractice lawyers today.
Understanding Medical Negligence and Malpractice
A medical malpractice claim typically arises when a patient suffers some form of harm at the hands of a doctor, nurse, or another caregiver, usually in a hospital or clinical setting. The victim must be able to show that, under normal circumstances, the errors that occurred or the harm that was caused would not have occurred had the at-fault party had the requisite training and experience or had taken adequate care to prevent undue harm to the patient. Examples of medical errors that can lead to a malpractice claim include:
- Delayed Diagnosis
- Birth Injuries
- Treatment Mistakes
- Medication Errors
- Failure to Warn
- Surgical Errors
There are many reasons these kinds of errors occur. Common causes include:
- Failure to listen to the patient
- Failure to detect or understand symptoms
- Failure to thoroughly check the patient’s medical history
- Improper testing orders
- Poor doctor training
- Poor maintenance of medical devices, supplies, or other equipment
- A lack of supplies or equipment
Our dependable medical negligence attorneys in Palm Beach Gardens, FL will gather evidence and quantify your damages so that we can submit a medical malpractice claim on your behalf. We will also identify the relevant insurers and will handle all negotiations with the hospital, the insurers, and the at-fault party’s legal teams so that you are not taken advantage of and your rights are protected.
How to Choose a Medical Malpractice Attorney
You can maximize your chances of winning your medical malpractice claim and securing the compensation that you deserve by working with an attorney who:
- Has experience working on medical cases
- Has access to subject matter experts who can testify on your behalf
- Can gather the evidence needed to build a case
- Has a track record of success
- Is widely recognized as a compassionate, thorough, and knowledgeable legal representative
To win your medical malpractice claim, we will work to prove the following:
- That you had a patient-doctor relationship with the accused medical provider.
- That the accused medical provider owed you a duty of care.
- That there was a breach of the duty of care, meaning the caregiver failed in some way to deliver care or prevent harm as per the standards that the medical community is held to.
- That the breach of the duty of care was a direct or proximate cause of losses, damages, or injuries that you sustained.
We will gather evidence to prove the above and will quantify your damages so that you are fully and fairly compensated for losses that you should not have had to suffer.
About Palm Beach Gardens and Medical Malpractice Cases
According to one study, up to 40% of patients believe that some form of medical error occurred during their care, and the National Institutes of Health found that the most serious medical malpractice injuries tend to occur in intensive care units, operating rooms, and emergency rooms. A study commissioned by the Health Foundation found that up to 800,000 Americans die or suffer serious injuries as a result of medical malpractice, which has prompted researchers to declare medical diagnostic errors a serious public health crisis. Such accidents and errors are common in Palm Beach Gardens as well, so contact our Palm Beach Gardens medical malpractice lawyers today for assistance with your legal claim.
Contact Our Experienced Medical Negligence Attorneys in Palm Beach Gardens, FL Today for a Free Consultation
Our team has years of experience handling a wide range of medical malpractice cases, including:
- OBGYN Malpractice
- Dental Malpractice
- Chiropractic Malpractice
- Orthopedic Malpractice
- Medication Errors
- Surgical Errors
- Psychiatric Malpractice
- Cosmetic Surgery Malpractice
Call us today for a free case evaluation. We will walk you through everything you need to know about your case and will handle every aspect of your medical malpractice claim. We only collect if you win, so do not hesitate to call today.
Speak to a member of our team today.